Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


my Mother's Day gifts from the kids

Natalie painted her name! So cute!

Mother's Day photo with my beautiful children

Ryan's new floaty and water gun. He loves the water, and Uncle Mikey taught him to say "pow pow!", so now he runs around "shooting" people.

my Marvelous Mom!

me and my Man
What a wonderful mother's day! The children must have sensed it was a special day because they slept in, which daddy and mommy really appreciated. The night before, Natalie helped me make a mother's day cake. Her favorite part is the frosting, and I think she eats as much as she spreads across the cake. =) Unfortunately, I had to work a few hours before we could celebrate the day. Daniel dropped me off at work and took the kids over to my folks. I was unaware that they were all in cahoots to make my mother's day gift. Daniel picked me up from work and returned to my folks' house where the kids had been swimming and playing. They sat me down and told me to close my eyes. When I opened them, I found myself looking at personalized clay pots decorated in the kids' own painted pictures. How sweet! Natalie even painted her name! She was so proud, and I was proud for her. Natalie painted flowers and butterflies on her pot while Ryan's hand and foot prints adorned his pot. My mother planted an Asparagus fern in Natalie's pot, which she says was a favorite of her mother. In Ryan's pot is a plant that we don't know the name of, but my mother has kept alive for a couple of decades. It was given to her by her mother, and is the only plant that she has been able to keep alive through all of our relocating. I am still so touched that she shared my grandmother's love for plants with me.
The men did all the cooking and cleaning for our special day. Daniel is amazing with the grill and made shrimp, pork chops, and veggies. Soooooooooo goooooood!!! Mom and I decided to enjoy the pool and took a swim with the kids. She is such a neat lady. I know because she is my mother that I am bias, but she really is quite the individual. I am very blessed to have such an amazing woman for a mother. She loves me for everything that I am, faults and all. She opens her heart and her arms to everyone around her, offering hugs and support, even if she might see things from a different perspective. She loves my husband, and he loves her. She spoils her grandchildren, and we let her. She has worked non-stop throughout her life to make everyones lives better. I still cannot believe she is in her sixties. She radiates so much love and energy. And she still has her fire-red hair! Some like to call her crazy, but they are just jealous of her passion and the wonderful family she has raised. Here's to you, mom, and I pray for many, many more years to come!

No comments: