Thursday, September 10, 2009

ZUMBA!!!

Zumba Education Specialist, Tanya Beardsley, taught the Basic 2 certification workshop. She is an awesome dancer!

The man himself, Beto Perez! He happened to be in the hotel lobby as I was coming back from the workshop.

Are you ready for the Zumbatomic?


My convention roomie, Emiliana, who teaches here on the northshore as well.


new zumba friend, Elizabeth, and I dressed for 80s night.


Over Labor Day weekend, I had the privilege of attending the 2nd Annual Zumba Instructor Convention in Orlando. I have one word...UH-mazing!!! =) People from all over the world attended this convention, and I had the opportunity to talk to zumba instructors from England, Belgium, Australia, Canada, China, Mexico, Brazil and so many more places! We were all brought together by our love of dance and great music. Therefore, I have decided that politicians need to take Zumba classes. We all seem to get along when music and dance are involved...the world would be a better place if everyone had a dance party at least once a week! While at the convention, I received two more certifications...one in Basic 2 (more advanced moves) and Zumbatomic (for kids). I also took classes in Bhangra (India), African Jungle, and Reggaeton-Salsa. There were also two dance parties; Friday was 80s night with a fashion show of the Zumbawear, and then I attended the huge Zumbathon on Saturday evening. Two thousand people crammed into a room and we were zumbafied for two hours! Alberto 'Beto' Perez (the creator of Zumba) did a tribute to Michael Jackson that started the night, and from there he led us all in dances from all over the world. I burned serious calories, made many new friends, and had an amazing time. I can't wait for next year!!!

No comments: