Monday, June 2, 2008

Firsts for the Babies!






Twas a good weekend in the world of Neie. Little Ryan started on foods, much to his excitement. He was soooooo ready! We were given a food processor (which came with a cute travel case) to help us save money. By mashing up our own food we wouldn't need to buy any at the store. We chose green beans as his first food (since veggies are supposed to be introduced first) and he loved it! I mixed up the green mush with some cereal and he went to town. He reminded me of sweet Sophia when she started on foods. You couldn't feed her fast enough! She enjoyed her mealtimes and still does to this day. Ryan is the same way. The first time I sat down to feed him, he seemed to sense what was going to happen. It was as if his excited giggles and coos were telling me, "It's about time, mom! I was starving!" He inhaled the entire bowl I had prepared without spitting up any of it. He was, as they say, pelican full and quite satisfied. He smiled and kicked and cooed his appreciation. We now give him cereal for breakfast and his veggie/cereal for dinner, with only breast milk and his juice/water combination in between. I still keep the formula in the pantry just in case.


Natalie was our little helper this past week. She was thrilled to be able to start picking the blueberries again this year (she had a blast last year). She also helped Nana in the garden by picking the green beans and then later snapping them. We thoroughly enjoy her willingness to help with chores because we know that one day she won't be so willing! Natalie started swim lessons today. She did so well! What she did that I was so impressed with was her behavior. Daniel and I were curious to see how she would do considering she hasn't had a lot of exposure to other children and has never been in a pool without her floaties. She listened to the teacher and did everything she was told. She also was more than ready to jump into the instructors arms when it was her turn. She laughed and smiled the entire time! What a good girl! It helps that she has a friend in her class, and little boy her age that lives on my parents' street. We are excited as she will continue these lessons throughout the summer. Of course, me being the sappy and sentimental girl that I am, I took pictures of the kids' firsts.


Before I became a mom...I never knew my heart could swell so much just seeing my children happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blogging. You have always been so great about updating all of us. Welcoming to the blogging world. I'm reading it religiously. I love all of you!