Sweet cousins
Love for Zia!Playing around
The first weekend of April, Daniel, myself, and the kids took a trip to Texas to see his folks and the rest of the family. His dad and step-mom (Papa and Mimi) have not seen their grandkids in a while and so we made the trip, and it gave us a chance to break in our new car (2009 Trailblazer SS). The kids were able to play with their cousins, which warmed our hearts. Natalie and Sophia could not get enough time with each other. It was precious! The bond between those girls is so apparent. One morning we were going to meet for breakfast at Grandma's house. Sophia and Ashleigh arrived before we did. When Sophia realized that Natalie wasn't there, she just sobbed. Natalie, of course, arrived shortly thereafter and all was well. The family had Easter goodies for Natalie and Ryan, including a pretty Easter dress for Natalie. Ashleigh even had some cute things for the kids, including a specific swim outfit I have wanted for Ryan, so I was really excited and appreciative. Aunt Sherry has a trampoline, which we were told is a favorite past time for Sophia. Natalie and Ryan have never been on one, so they had their first experience with that and it was so much fun for them. Thanks, Aunt Sherry, now we have to invest in a trampoline. =) Sophia melted my heart. When she first saw Natalie and Ryan, we heard the infamous squeals of joy. But when she saw me, she smiled and ran into my arms. I held her as her head lay on my shoulder, and we just hugged. She raised up to look at me, held my face in her hands, and just smiled at me for a moment before resting on my shoulder again. I was so touched, my eyes misted over. She would love on me periodically throughout the weekend and say, "My Zia." I love that girl! She is so pretty and so smart. I was most happy about Daniel being able to spend some good, quality time with his father. They are very close. I wish they could spend more time together. His father is such a nice man. Overall, the trip went well. I won't lie, though. There was the underlying tension because I'm Luke's sister and he and Ashleigh are newly divorced. Ashleigh and I did get to spend a little time together while the kids played. It was tense, but we talked a bit and cried a bit and it ended up being good. For the sake of the kids, we get along.
As of April 13th, Luke and Ashleigh are officially divorced. Luke gets to keep his daughter every other weekend and six weeks during summer. The cool part is that they have to meet halfway to drop off Sophia, which is around Lafayette, LA. That way it is fair and neither Luke nor Ashleigh has to make too long of a trip. Actually, Ashleigh and I joked about how our family sees Sophia more now than we did when they were married! Thanks to everyone for sending love and prayers!


No comments:
Post a Comment